Skilled Regional (Subclass 887)
About this visa
The Skilled Regional visa subclass 887 is for individuals who already have an eligible visa and have lived for a minimum of 2 years and had gainful employment for at least 12 months in a specified regional area if the sponsorship is from a State or Territory government or a Designated area if the sponsorship is from a family relative.
You have to be in Australia when applying for this visa up to the time the visa is granted.
This visa grants an individual full work and study rights in Australia once granted. Family members can be included in the application provided they also meet the requirements.
Who can apply for this visa subclass?
To apply for the Skilled Regional Visa (subclass 887), an individual must:
- Lodge the application while in Australia
- Have held one of the following visas for two years before applying for the 887:
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)
- Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 495)
- Skilled Designated Area Sponsored (Provisional) visa (subclass 496)
- Skilled Regional Sponsored visa (subclass 475 or 487) or
- Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B after applying for a subclass 495, 487 or 489 visa.
- Have lived in a specified regional area of Australia for a minimum of two years
- Have worked full time (at 35 hours a week minimum) for at least 12 months
- Meet the necessary health and character requirements
Why use ARMEES ?
Skilled Regional (Subclass 887) visa can be refused for a number of reasons. The Skilled Regional (Subclass 887) visa application also has strict criteria which all must be met and only very limited waiver provisions for age, English language and skill requirements exist.
It is essential that the application is assessed, structured and lodged in a way to satisfy all applicable DIBP law and policy. ARMEES has years of experience handling the most complex cases and achieving positive outcomes in circumstances where the applicant would have failed if we were not involved.
What to do next and how to apply?
Getting the right advice upfront is essential so contact for a free no obligation discussion with one of our advisors who are ready and waiting to assist you applying for your visa.
We will assess your situation on an individual basis and provide you with the best advice to make your stay in Australia hassle-free.