Electronic Travel Authority (Subclass 601)
About This Visa
This visa lets you visit Australia:
- to visit or for business visitor purposes
- as many times as you want, for up to a year
- and stay up to three months for each visit.
Only certain passport holders can apply for this visa online. You may need to use a travel agent to apply for this visa. An ETA is an electronically stored authority for travel to Australia. You must be outside Australia when you apply and when the ETA is decided.
What an Electronic Travel Authority lets you do
Your ETA lets you enter Australia for up to three months at a time as a tourist or for business visitor purposes. You are also permitted to study in Australia for up to 3 months in some circumstances.
Business visitor activities include:
- making general business or employment enquiries
- investigating, negotiating, signing or reviewing a business contract
- activities carried out as part of an official government-to-government visit
- participating in conferences, trade fairs or seminars, as long as you are not being paid by the organisers for your participation.
If you want to stay longer in Australia, you should apply another type of visa, such as a Visitor visa (subclass 600).
Why use ARMEES?
Electronic Travel Authority (Subclass 601) visa can be refused for a number of reasons. The Electronic Travel Authority (Subclass 601) visa application also has strict criteria which all must be met and only very limited waiver provisions for age, English language and skill requirements exist.
It is essential that the visa application is assessed, structured and lodged in a way to satisfy all applicable DIBP law and policy. ARMEES has years of experience handling the most complex cases and achieving positive outcomes in circumstances where the applicant would have failed if we were not involved.
What to do next and how to apply?
Getting the right advice upfront is essential so contact for a free no obligation discussion with one of our advisors who are ready and waiting to assist you applying for your visa.
We will assess your situation on an individual basis and provide you with the best advice to make your stay in Australia hassle-free.