Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186)
About This Visa
This is a permanent residence visa for skilled workers sponsored by an Australian employer. It has 2 stages: 1. the employer nominates the employee for the permanent visa and, 2. once lodged, the employee applies for the Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186). 457 workers in Australia regularly transition to permanent residence via the 186 transitional pathway.
Who can apply for this visa subclass?
To be able to qualify for this visa, you must:
- be under the age of 50 at the time of application unless you qualify for an exemption
- possess the required skills and qualifications for the position you have been nominated for at the time of application lodgment
- possess the appropriate English language skills at the time of application unless under exceptional circumstances.
- meet the necessary health and character requirements
The Employer Nomination Scheme subclass 186 (ENS) has 3 application pathways:
- Temporary Residence Transition – no skills assessment is required as applicants must have already worked with their Australian employer for the preceding 2 years on a 457 visa. IELTS 5 in each of the 4 bands is required unless you are exempt.
- The Direct Entry Stream – dictates that the applicant must have 3 years relevant work experience and a formal skills assessment for the nominated occupation. IELTS 6 is required as the English language skill level.
- The Agreement Stream – requires that the employer has a Labour Agreement
Why use ARMEES?
Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) can be refused for a number of reasons. The Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) application also has strict criteria which all must be met and only very limited waiver provisions for age, English language and skill requirements exist.
It is essential that the visa application is assessed, structured and lodged in a way to satisfy all applicable DIBP law and policy. ARMEES has years of experience handling the most complex cases and achieving positive outcomes in circumstances where the applicant would have failed if we were not involved.
What to do next and how to apply?
Getting the right advice upfront is essential so contact for a free no obligation discussion with one of our advisors who are ready and waiting to assist you applying for your visa.
We will assess your situation on an individual basis and provide you with the best advice to make your stay in Australia hassle-free.